jueves, 19 de enero de 2017

Day 6: Coffee (Marko)

    I woke up today still feeling a little groggy. I still haven’t gotten use to our earlier wake up time. I got ready and started to head down to the mission. For my second full day in San Lucas I was still in amazement by my surroundings, it is completely different to the environment in San Diego. The majority of the buildings looked unfinished (Rebar is sticking out of the roofs of buildings), but every building has someone living in it. Today was the second day we had oatmeal for breakfast, so far I'm loving it. After we all ate, we split up into groups and headed to our work sites. I was grouped up with 3 other friends and Father Kirk. We were working with a contractor named Juan. For 3 hours we worked with Juan to install cement flooring in a wood house. In all honesty Juan was a powerhouse and did all the work, we were just along for the experience. We came back for lunch, which was garlic bread and soup.
   The second part of our day we headed down to the Coffee Project and we were given a presentation on the coffee that. Is grown and prepared in San Lucas and that is later exported to the US. After showing the coffee preparation process on a smaller-scale environment we were given a taste test between their coffee brewed in a standard coffee pot and in a French press. Personally I was leaning more towards the French press. The whole presentation was well done and kept me intrigued for the entirety of it. Afterwards we were let off and had dinner. For the second day in San Lucas not to shabby.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario